It's Your Prime - Smash Box Primer Review


I have never had much luck with foundation primers. The primers I have tried in the past have often made my skin very oily, causing my makeup to slide right off, but I have never lost hope, & have always been on the hunt for the perfect primer.

I had heard so many great thing about smash box primers, so decided to give them a try. I went onto there uk website and took a look at there wide range of primers (wow they have a lot to choose from) I decided on the 'Its Your Prime' miniature travel sized primer set. Containing a photo finish foundation primer, a photo finish lid primer & Hydrating Under Eye Primer, which is fairly new to the smash box primer collection. For just £14 I thought I would be able to trial these products to see if they work for me before I buy the big ol' bottles.



Photo Finish Foundation Primer - A clear gel like consistency that makes my face feel super soft and smooth. On my fairly sensitive skin it works well & boy does it make a difference to the longevity of my foundation. It stops foundation gathering in dry patches, makes foundation application smooth and easy, and my foundation lasts so much longer. I am hooked on this product & will definitely be buying a bigger bottle of this when the mini one runs out. 


Photo finish lid primer - I don't think this evens out the skin tone on my lids but it most definitely does help with the staying power of my eyeshadow. Using this has made me realise that lid primers are a god send, but I'm not so convinced that I will be buying one from this brand again. 


Hydrating Under Eye Primer - This product gives my under eye a healthy dewy glow, I can't say this helps with the longevity of my under eye concealer, But if you are looking for a youthful under eye glow, this is a great product for you. As it is infused with anti-ageing, ingredients such as caffeine, peptides and optical diffusers, claiming to Hydrate skin, cover dark circles, reduce puffiness, blur fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin texture & skin tone.



Here is the direct link to Its Your Prime for £14 I think this is such a good deal.

What are your favourite primers?



Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments

  1. I really want to try some Smashbox products, these little sets are perfect!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect for testing out the products to see if they work for you.
      Megan xx

      Delete
  2. This is brilliant!! i have always been fascinated by smashbox products, but for this price it is perfect for trying them out! Great find and post! x

    www.indigogirl1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire :)
      I am now hooked on the photo ready primer.
      Megan xx

      Delete
  3. That really is a good deal. I've always wanted to try one of the Smashbox primers, but I didn't know which to choose as they sell so many. This is a great idea to try them out to see which works the best for you. Thank you for the heads up lovely xxx

    Gemma | ♥ International MAC RiRi Woo giveway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok lovely, it was such a good deal I couldn't miss it.
      Megan xx

      Delete
  4. i really like the smashbox under eye primer, it's so nice under concealer. I find it helps with radiance and smoothing away any texture underneath the eyes!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame it didn't really do to much for me, but yes it defo does help with giving radiance.
      Megan xx

      Delete
  5. Great blog, following
    Check out mine and maybe follow if you like it?
    www.mollyewins.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, this helped a lot! xoxo

    loveekierramakayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have such a hard time finding a good primer! I'll definitely have to try these. Thanks so much. I followed, and look forward to more posts <3
    xx. ELzee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie :)
      It is such a amazing primer I am we'll & truly hooked!
      Megan xx

      Delete
  8. I'm looking for a good primer too, just got Nivea's one. Hope it's good :) Would love to try Smashbox though x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what foundation do you use with this face primer? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use either my revlon colour stay or my Dior flawless perfection foundation.
      Megan xx

      Delete

Back to Top