Makeup Geek Eyeshadow

If your an avid youtube watcher then you have most probably heard of Makeup Geek. Makeup Geek is an extremely popular makeup channel & blog run by a beautiful woman named Marlena. Marlena recently added to her list of accomplishments by releasing her own makeup line under the brand name 'makeup geek'.


One of the most talked about products in the beauty world are their eyeshadows. They are often compared & preferred to Mac eyeshadows & cost just a fraction of the price (even with U.S shipping prices) so naturally I needed to check them out for myself. 


I ordered 6 shades in pan form & here is a little run down on each one;


Cosmopolitan - Rose Gold with tiny gold flecks and a stunning shimmery finish.


Frappe - Medium maple brown with a matte finish. Would make a great transition colour for darker skin tones.

Crème Brûlée - A warm medium sand color with a soft matte finish. For such a lighter brownish shade it has amazing colour pay off & is my go to transition shade.


Latte - Medium matte brown. Another great shade for in the crease & can be really sheered out.


Chickadee - Matte yellow orange. I like to use this above crème brûlée as a transition shade to warm up an eye look. Compared to Mac 'rule'.

Cocoa Bear - Matte reddish brown. Very beautiful warm brown shade.

The pans can be stored in empty palettes such as the Z-palette, Or you can purchase the shadows in singular compacts that cost $2 / £1.18 more.
All pans weight 1.8g compared to the popular Mac pans that weigh just 1.3g. 
Makup Geek eyeshadows are all talc & paraben free & they do not test any of there shadows on animals. 

As you can probably tell I opted to try the more neutral shades first, as I know that's what I'll get the most use out of. But seriously ughhhh these shadows are amazing! All have a beautiful texture, with great finishes & blend so so so easily. 
Out of my little collection 'Crème Brûlée' & 'Coco Bear' are a total must have & I highly suggest them if your looking to make a Makeup Geek order. I plan on making another order very soon!


16 comments

  1. I have not heard of Makeup Geek before, will definitely be checking out their youtube and products though, they look lovely. The cosmopolitan one looks really pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 5 a few months back and I love them so much. They are cheaper than MAC are just as good and fit in my MAC palette
    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like a great mac alternative :)
    Megan x
    MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be checking these out, you got some lovely colours!
    sophielfarrell.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many beautiful shades to pick from, you'll love the site xx

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of the brand before but I will definitely be purchasing some now! x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying to get some MUG eyeshadows! She has some beautiful pigments too but it's so expensive to ship it internationally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh aren't the pigments stunning, there next on my MUG shopping list xx

      Delete
  7. So pretty! I need to check these out, thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been very curious to try these! Cocoa Bear looks divine, and I LOVE the names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the best names don't they, you will LOVE cocoa bear! xx

      Delete

Back to Top