Bourjois City Radiance Foundation

If you know me you know I'm a full coverage foundation kinda gal, but recently I've been feeling I should maybe be a little more daring in trying a sheerer approach to my face makeup. 

The latest foundation release from Bourjouis is named the 'City Radiance'; a skin protecting foundation with a brightening effect. The protection element comes from the combination of SPF30 and a built in anti-pollution screen. The radiance boosting pigments give the skin the brightening effect.
I would say its a light to medium coverage foundation with one application and with two layers its easily built to a medium to full coverage, with a definite glow. I like to apply using Real Techniques Expert Face brush, first pressing the foundation into the skin and then gently working it around the face for an even finish. I haven't been able to achieve this level of 'healthy glow' with any of my full coverage foundations and I am surprisingly loving this sheerer formula. 

The only down side I have found is that after an hour or so it does start to break up on the oiler parts of my face like my nose and chin. Even making sure I set well with powder doesn't really do the trick, so I opt to use another foundation for those parts. This makes me think it would be a definite winner for those with drier skin.  

Even with the sheerer formula it can still be easily built up and give enough coverage to hide my main issue; redness around my jaw line. 
foundation set with bronzer & blush.
Like all Bourjouis foundations the shade range is not great, at all. There are six shades available and I am the lightest 001 Vanilla (I'm a nc20/nc25) so if you're paler than me or a woman of colour the selection is sadly not there. 


Packaging is a simple soft pink plastic bottle containing 30ml/1 fl oz of product. It's cute and sleek looking and the squeeze tube means your less prone to spilling product which is always a bonus! (Removing foundation stains is never fun)
I've surprised myself with how much I like this foundation! I never thought I'd see the day when Megan Leigh would be seen wearing light coverage foundation, haha. 

1 comment

  1. Wow this looks gorgeous! The only issue I find with Bourjois, like you say, is the shade range isn't brilliant and usually find that even the lightest shade oxidises on me a bit which is a shame :( x

    Liv | Ramblings of a Makeup Lover

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top